Last part of the After series which means that this is the last post about my China trip!
THE FIRST TEN LIES THEY TELL YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL
1. We are here to help you.
2. You will have time to get to your class before the bell rings.
3. The dress code will be enforced.
4. No smoking is allowed on school grounds.
5. Our football team will win the championship this year.
6. We expect more of you here.
7. Guidance counselors are always available to listen.
8. Your schedule was created with you in mind.
9. Your locker combination is private.
10. These will be the years you look back on fondly.
TEN MORE LIES THEY TELL YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL
1. You will use algebra in your adult lives.
2. Driving to school is a privilege that can be taken away.
3. Students must stay on campus during lunch.
4. The new text books will arrive any day now.
5. Colleges care more about you than your SAT scores.
6. We are enforcing the dress code.
7. We will figure out how to turn off the heat soon.
8. Our bus drivers are highly trained professionals.
9. There is nothing wrong with summer school.
10. We want to hear what you have to say.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson,
It’s been 5 years that I finished school and for no money in the world would I go back!
Fate is some sort of excuse for me. Something is not supposed to happen. It was out of my control. I did everything I could but the end result was decided by other people.
This week for the first time in a while, I was really bored. I had so many projects and exams in uni that I basically had a 24/7 job (well, almost). I was working on multiple projects and none of them were easy. Each project was a challenge. Now, I don’t mind to challenge my abilities but please not 24/7! To cope better with the next hectic uni phase, I have 5 tips to stop feeling overwhelmed because of too much work:
Why is it so difficult to ask for help? Well, you have to admit that you don’t know something (and in our perfectionist world everybody is supposed to know everything) and asking for help doesn’t just involve yourself but also the time and effort of somebody else.
I decided to share my following thoughts and plans with you guys because I want to change a bad habit. But I need some pressure, someone looking over my shoulder. That is why I need you. I need to shout out my plan to the universe and have the pressure from this blog to stick to it and update you in a while with my experience.
I wrote this text on the 4th of July but never published it. You can read it and guess why I didn’t publish it (I’m going to tell you why anyways at the end of this article):