Wow I’m already doing these Tuesday-Treasure’s for a whole year! (I think I even never missed a week…) For this special edition I wanted to post your favorit treasures!
“If people refuse to look at you in a new light
and they can only see you for what you were,
only see you for the mistakes you’ve made,
if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes,
then they have to go.”
― Steve Maraboli
THE FIRST TEN LIES THEY TELL YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL
1. We are here to help you.
2. You will have time to get to your class before the bell rings.
3. The dress code will be enforced.
4. No smoking is allowed on school grounds.
5. Our football team will win the championship this year.
6. We expect more of you here.
7. Guidance counselors are always available to listen.
8. Your schedule was created with you in mind.
9. Your locker combination is private.
10. These will be the years you look back on fondly.
TEN MORE LIES THEY TELL YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL
1. You will use algebra in your adult lives.
2. Driving to school is a privilege that can be taken away.
3. Students must stay on campus during lunch.
4. The new text books will arrive any day now.
5. Colleges care more about you than your SAT scores.
6. We are enforcing the dress code.
7. We will figure out how to turn off the heat soon.
8. Our bus drivers are highly trained professionals.
9. There is nothing wrong with summer school.
10. We want to hear what you have to say.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson,
It’s been 5 years that I finished school and for no money in the world would I go back!
P.S.: This is a picture from early spring in April. I love these bright colors!
I think that one of the key character traits of a person is confidence. Lucky me, that I lack in this area…
An inspirational thought experiment:
What if my life was perfect? What if I would be happy every day? What if life would give me lemonade instead of lemons?
A treasure I found on the internet and my inspire you to take a look at your life and behaviour:
… or stairways!
What footprints would you like to leave?
It’s your choice.