This month was quite exciting! I was in China and after a couple days at home I went to visit my family in my hometown.
1) What made you happy?
Seeing where my boyfriend grew up etc. We went to his hometown in China where I saw his old home, school and met his family and school friends. We also went to the city where he studied and I saw his dorm and faculty. He was pretty happy to show me everything!
2) What frustrated you?
Half of my time in China/September I was sick. I first had a cold with a bit of fever and then I had stomach problems… Not cool to be sick while traveling!
3) What were you grateful for?
Meeting so many nice people! No one made me feel alien or foreign. Everyone was excited to meet me.
4) What made you proud of yourself?
Flying around the world by myself.
5) What do you want to improve?
I was sooo nervous about the trip (read more about my breakdown in The Sad Truth article). That was totally unnecessary! My first reaction is always to panic. I want to stop that. I NEED to stop that.
6) Was there an exceptionally funny moment?
Well, many parents in China wanted their child to take a picture with me but the kids were too shy or scared. So the parents handed me a crying or an obviously uncomfortable kid. I thought it was funny!
7) Did you fulfil the goals from August?
Oh man… my only goal is to have fun and enjoy China!
Semi-Yes. Well, this trip wasn’t a typical vacation. We mostly spent time with family and didn’t do touristy things or something. It wasn’t always fun (especially because I was sick half of the time).
8) What was your favorite blog post last month?
9) What are your 3 goals for next month?
1. Decide the topic of my master’s thesis. This is a huge step for me. I’m currently torn but I think I’m going to write a separate article about it…
2. Work out again. For the past two month I haven’t worked out anymore…
3. Sort out my clothes. Every change of season I sort my clothes out. I have too many clothes! I rigorously have to donate the clothes I haven’t worn this season to get rid of my clutter.
See you soon!